VRT Master Classes
VRT Master Classes are small-scale workshops for 6 – 8 reflexologists maximum. They give the opportunity to focus in-depth on specific areas of VRT practice with the originators of the techniques. See below for VRT Master Classes in:
- Palliative care issues, older people and dementia issues with Lynne Booth
Cost: £120 per person
There are no Older person/Palliative care/Dementia classes planned for the immediate unless by special arrangement. Aspects of this class are covered in the new Reflexology and Movement in Minutes classes advertised and are approved for 12 AoR CPD points with Certificate of Attendance. VRT classes are also recognised by the FHT (6 CPD points) and other international professional bodies as a professional training qualification.
MASTER CLASS – OLDER PEOPLE, DEMENTIA AND PALLIATIVE CARE ISSUES
A one-day class concentrating on the needs of older people, dementia and palliative care issues for all ages. VRT treatments from all courses will be demonstrated, including specialised training in hand and nail reflexology and VRT. All techniques taught can be adapted for treating all clients.
- Special considerations for working with older people.
- Improvising your techniques on domiciliary visits.
- Special considerations for working in palliative care situations.
- Check list and cautions in oncology situations.
- Sleep and relaxation techniques including self-help techniques for clients and their carers.
- Balancing the body – using synergistic central thumbnail techniques, specific reflexes and the helper spine.
- Calming/holding techniques to help breathing and to reduce stress.
- New Pain and Mobility techniques to address the needs of immobile clients.
- Working the reflexes synergistically – VRT “fanning” techniques: profound techniques on the metatarsals.
- Treating the whole body through the thumbnails – with special reference to dementia issues.
- Working in an adaptive capacity to suit the changing needs of oncology clients.
Lunch is included in the price and towels, cushions, foot cream and wipes are provided.
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued. Approved by the Association of Reflexologists (AoR) (12 CPD points)
A certificate of attendance will be issued.
Click here to book another VRT Course. Please note these are occasional specialist classes and are only intermittently available.
Disclaimer: These reflexology guidelines, Vertical Reflexology (VRT), Reflexology and Movement in Minutes (R-MM) techniques or advice do not replace professional medical treatment. Reflexology is a non-invasive complementary therapy that promotes well-being and relaxation and may be used, in that context only, as a means of supporting any medical condition. Any health issues, acute or chronic conditions, should be presented to a qualified medical practitioner. Booth VRT Ltd accept no liability for damage of any nature resulting directly or indirectly from the application or use of information on this website and it is presented on this understanding. VRT, The Booth Method and Vertical Reflex Therapy are all trademarks. The VRT charts are copyright of Lynne Booth. The Reflexology and Movement and Mobilisation in Minutes is part of the VRT protocol.