This Basic VRT Workshop, for qualified reflexologists, will cover the background to the discovery and development of Vertical Reflexology Technique and Synergistic Reflexology, where hand and foot reflexes are worked simultaneously.
VRT Courses cost in the region of £100 per person, per day depending on location and organiser.
At the end of a VRT Basic one-day course the reflexologist can immediately integrate VRT into their practice.
- There are practical and theoretical sessions throughout the day where the basic concepts and valuable VRT treatments are learnt.
- A full VRT protocol of core techniques will be demonstrated and practised
- You will learn how to select priority reflexes to stimulate in conjunction with Zonal Triggers that are powerful ankle reflexes.
- Self-help and Diaphragm Rocking is demonstrated. A comprehensive handout and a dorsal chart are provided.
- VRT will be discussed in relation to breathing disorders, joint pain, stress and anxiety.
- 20-minute Complete VRT/Reflexology treatment will be taught and experienced.
Vertical Reflexology Technique (VRT) is a very brief reflexology treatment on the weight-bearing feet or hands, and is now used extensively by thousands of reflexologists internationally. Exceptional results may possibly be obtained, often in a few minutes, when the easy to learn VRT techniques are applied to the dorsal reflexes.
The anatomical explanation for VRT’s efficacy is that the nerves on the passive feet are naturally desensitised but, when weight-bearing, these nerves become sensitised. It is therefore suggested that the sensitised reflexes may appear to send a stronger energetic healing impulse to an organ, gland, muscle or skeletal system.
VRT enhances your work and can be incorporated into your usual full-length treatment sessions without extending the time. It enables you to also offer effective shortened treatments, combining your reflexology and VRT for children, babies, the workplace, hospices, residential homes, sports clinics as well as for family and friends.
In a small medically approved VRT study on pain and mobility over 60% of participants showed a remarkable improvement in seven weeks. In a VRT workplace study, all clients showed an 80–90% improvement within four weeks.
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued. Approved by the Association of Reflexologists (AoR) (12 CPD points)
After attending the VRT Basic course, you are eligible to attend all other VRT courses in any order.